All Schools and Series are not the same! At the risk of seeming self-serving, here are some of the more salient points we feel you should consider while doing your comparisons:
- Is enough information relevant in making a valid comparison offered in printed material or on the web site?
- What is the probability of hitting something (i.e. lots of walls or guardrails)?
- What is the maximum damage responsibility amount?
- Does this automatically escalate if I dent the car at all?
Track and Safety
- Is the track purpose-built for developmental training (i.e. almost devoid of walls and guardrails) or is it a more dangerous Pro track?
- Will I be stuck on the same track for more than 2 days?
- What's the school's safety record for the last two decades?
- Am I provided with full safety equipment free of charge, or just a suit and helmet?
For more information, check out our page on Academy Safety.
- Will I get to drive an almost-new race car like the Academy's 2008 Van Diemen Formula SCCA?
- Will my race car have at least 170hp?
- Will my race car have an in-steering wheel digital dash?
See full details on our Race Cars & Pace Cars page.
Staff and Services
- Are the Coaches and Instructors full-time professionals or part timer coaches?
- Will I have a pit crew member assist my car fitment, and will they adjust my seat, brake pedal, and shift lever?
- Will I have the opportunity of having my Coach actually race against me?
Also see our Our Staff page.
Lapping and Practice
- Will I start driving full laps of the track right after lunch on the first day?
- Are there no rev' or speed limits imposed?
- If my goal is to obtain a racing license, will I participate in a half-day of passing exercises and practice and a half-day of race starts exercises and practice?
- Will I get to participate in a full practice race with a side-by-side start, passing into corners, and dog fighting against my instructor?
- Does the price/quality ratio offer very good value for my money?